Just the right comfort food for a relaxing Sunday morning . Its a simple, mess-free bake which I love making for my family. The lovely aromas of vanilla and buttery bread freshly getting baked in the oven tossed with roasted pistachios not only warms the senses but is also soul comforting. Not to mention the taste of the delicious pudding over relaxing rambles of Sunday morning conversation across the breakfast table.
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups soft breads torn in irregular cubes ( about 6 slices)
- 1/2 cup of roasted pistachios
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F/ 170 degrees C . Heat milk and butter in a saucepan until butter is melted and milk is hot
- In a large bowl mix eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in bread cubes
- Stir in the milk mixture
- Pour into un-greased deep round pan
- Bake uncovered 40-45 mins or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean .(Toss in the pistachios after 30 mins of baking )
- Serve warm